Cannabidiol is one of the main cannabinoids produced by the cannabis plant.
Different than THC, cannabidiol (CBD) contains no psychoactive compounds and thus does not get you high.
What Does CBD Treat in Humans?
CBD has been used to treat epilepsy, cancer, and is even patented by the U.S. Government as an antioxidant and neuroprotectant.
However, the Food and Drug Administration has issued warning letters to CBD manufacturers for the second time within one year.
CBD is Not a Medicine?
Check this out from the FDA website:
This is to advise you that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviewed your web site at the internet address www.morguejuice.com in January 2016 and has determined that you take orders there for the product “Morgue Juice,” which you claim contains cannabidiol (CBD). The claims on your website establish that the product is a drug under section 201(g)(1)(B) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (the Act) [21 U.S.C. § 321(g)(1)(B)], because it is intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease. As explained further below, introducing or delivering this product into interstate commerce for such uses violates the Act. You can find the Act and FDA regulations through links on FDA’s home page at www.fda.gov.”
- “[A]n appealing treatment option for patients seeking anti-inflammatory, anti-pain, anti-anxiety, anti-psychotic . . . .”
- “CBD directly activates serotonin receptors, causing an anti-depressant effect . . . .”
- “CBD kills breast cancer . . . .”
- “Cannabidiol . . . could treat aggressive forms of cancer without any of the painful side effects of chemotherapy . . . .”
- “CBD is an effective painkiller – particularly for peripheral neuropathy . . . associated with cancer, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, arthritis, and other neurodegenerative conditions.”
- “CBD may be therapeutic for many conditions, including . . . ADD/ADHD . . . Addiction . . . AIDS . . . ALS . . . Alzheimer’s . . . Antibiotic resistance . . . Atherosclerosis . . . Arthritis . . . Asthma . . . Autism . . . Bipolar . . . Cancer . . . Colitis/Crohn’s . . . Depression . . . Diabetes . . . Heart disease . . . Huntington’s . . . Kidney disease . . . Liver disease . . . Multiple Sclerosis . . . Obesity . . . Osteoporosis . . . Parkinson’s . . . Prion/Mad Cow disease . . . PTSD . . . Schizophrenia . . . Sickle cell anemia . . . Spinal cord injury . . . Stroke/TBI”
Despite the government patent and countless stories of CBD either curing, treating, or mitigating medical conditions, the FDA continues its pursuit of shutting down companies who make medical claims about their products.
In some cases, the FDA even sites instances of companies advertising CBD concentrations that are inaccurate. This is a bittersweet fact regarding the FDA’s relationship with the CBD industry.
Food and Drug Administration
On one hand, the FDA is performing exactly as it should by finding and citing CBD companies that are making claims about their products that are not true.
By removing the dishonest companies from the industry, the FDA provides credibility to those companies that remain.
It also protects the thousands of vulnerable would be buyers that stumble across these snakes in the grasses of the World Wide Web.
Protection or Truth Prevention: Conspiracy?
Though its intention is to protect American’s from potentially dangerous products by citing medical claims about CBD, the FDA is actually preventing the spread of truth.
There are some companies who manufacture proprietary hemp products that contain naturally high levels of CBD. The fact is, CBD has medicinal value and there is evidence galore.
But if the honest companies, who create reliable and healthy products, cannot advertise the success stories of their CBD products—how will the world know who to trust?
Vitamin C comes in at least half the things we consume on a daily basis, and yet the FDA will not approve certain concentrations and applications of the vitamin.
So, if hemp products that contain high concentrations of CBD are legal to sell, but the FDA will not standardize its production, it is open season for companies to sell questionable products.
There is no real penalty for those that make false claims.
Perhaps they are shut down by the FDA, but in most cases these companies can and will open up using different names and labels in order to sell the same stuff.
As with any unapproved product, you should do your research before making a purchase. We have seen some of the reputable companies that produce quality CBD products in recent years.
Don’t be fooled my friends, CBD is a viable treatment for certain medical conditions.
It is also full of vitamins and antioxidants that will give your body what it needs to succeed in life.
Could Aliens Have a Connection to CBD?
Is it possible that ancient aliens secretly put CBD on Earth thousands of years ago for us to discover? An ancient astronaut theorist we spoke to thinks: yes.
It’s possible that because of the stress it took for ancient Egyptians to build the pyramids, aliens gave them CBD to help them live stress-free for a bit during their long hours of hauling large fucking stones.